One Year off the River Boat!
For Immediate ReleaseWed, Jun 21, 2017
Isle Casino Hotel® Bettendorf made a major move last year, going from a riverboat casino to a spectacular $60 million land-based casino! Now located just 223 feet from the original site of the riverboat, we’re offering more for our gamers than ever before.
The Grand Opening
The grand opening of the new land-based casino in Bettendorf was a big deal. In fact, it was so big that celebrities came to enjoy the festivities and be part of history. Vanna White attended the event along with football great, Roger Craig, both of whom had past experience with our property. Ms. White, known for her role on “Wheel of Fortune,” was in Bettendorf for the Diamond Lady’s first voyage 25 years ago, on April 1st, 1991. Meanwhile, Mr. Craig, who played football for Davenport Central & eventually the pros, was on hand in 1995 when Lady Luck® Casino first opened in Bettendorf.
After 25 years, our grand opening marked the end of riverboat gaming for the city. However, that didn’t prevent us from hosting a big winner… One guest hit a $10,000 jackpot that night! Plus, Wynonna and the Big Noise performed live to entertain the crowd.
The New Land-Based Casino
Though our casino is now land-based, it’s still the only local casino that lies on the riverfront. Guests can enjoy 35,000 square feet of space for gaming, with nearly 1,000 slots, including some brand new ones.
Renovations to the South Tower started approximately 2 years ago, and they were finished in 2016. The land-based site offers fabulous dining options as well, including the popular Farmer’s Pick Buffet®, which provides fresh food from local farmers. Keller’s® American Grill is another well-loved choice with classic dishes that include a modern twist. This eatery does a wonderful job of combining down-home comfort with a touch of upscale luxury.
The Isle® now hosts about 500 events each year thanks to the 40,000 square-foot Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center. We can host anything from business conferences to weddings and even concerts!
Interesting Facts You May Not Have Known!
1. After the move, the original riverboat was sold to a company in Memphis. It is now known as the American Duchess and will be cruising to a new place this year.
2. With the end of the riverboat era, our guests have raved about the positive changes. They appreciate the fact that we’re now located on one level, plus the renovations to the hotel rooms in the South Tower and pool… Not to mention the spacious parking!
3. Since the move, five slots have stood out as the most popular. They include:
• 88 Fortunes™
• Ocean Magic™
• Lock It Link™ – Night Life
• Buffalo Grand™
• Lightning Link™ – High Stakes
4. The total size of the new casino? 82,000 square feet!
5. Guests are not the only ones raving about the change - Staff members are also happy with the move. Employee amenities are located in one location, providing easy access.
6. We’re proud to say that our property is more beautiful and accessible than ever. If you haven’t been here yet, come out and try your luck. You’re sure to be impressed with what the new locations has to offer!